Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are all powerful superfoods. While delicious they are also rich in nutrients, antioxidants and phytochemicals, which help prevent the effects of aging and many degenerative diseases, including certain types of cancers.
Whipping up berries with a high quality gelatin boosts your collagen intake, heals skin, reduces wrinkles, promotes healthy teeth, hair and nails and assists strong bones and muscle maintenance, making it a great combination to fight against the signs and effects of ageing. If you prefer, instead of gelatine powder use your preferred protein powder or simply omit it from the recipe if you don’t have anything on hand.
Lastly by increasing your dose of healthy fats (such as avocados and coconut) they will assist you in staying healthier and leaner by keeping you full for longer, reduce your cravings and increase your energy levels.
- Half avocado
- 1 banana
- 2 cups frozen berries (such as blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 1 - 4 pitted medjool dates optional
- 1/2 Juice of lemon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons gelatin powder (I use Great Lakes) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons boiling water (only if using gelatine powder)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh mint to serve
- Dissolve the gelatin into boiling water in a small bowl and whisk until all grains are dissolved.
- Pop all ingredients into a food processor or blender including the gelatin liquid and blend until smooth.
- If impatient eat immediately or allow to set a little in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.