Spring is here and after a brutal, freezing cold winter in Sydney (not) its always nice to give the body a gentle cleanse to feel fresh, renewed and revived. A cleansing salad or detox salad is simply a mixture of ingredients that have detoxifying properties on the body. Finely chopping the vegetables in a food processor makes them easier to chew up and digest, not to mention much quicker to prepare.
Each of these colourful vegetables, as well as the powerful dressing ingredients, play a beautiful role in restocking the body with key vitamins, minerals and nutrients while also helping in eliminating toxins. Make a large batch and enjoy throughout the week. The lime and olive oil will keep the salad fresh and from drying out. Get in the habit of blitzing salads with various ingredients for fast nutritious food on the go.
8 people as a side dish
- 1/3 head red cabbage
- 1/3 head green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 cup finely chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Use a food processor or grate by hand the cabbage, carrots and beetroot, and pop into a serving bowl. Add the sliced spring onions and coriander to the same bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing add the olive oil, juice and zest of the lime, ginger, garlic and salt into a small jar, lid on and give it a good shake. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix to combine well. If desired add the addition of nuts and / or avocado slices.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.