This dish is not only quick and budget friendly, its bursting with amazing flavours. It’s a perfect mid week dinner that the whole family will enjoy. If you’re not a fan of wings use any of your favourite chicken pieces. I added chicken breast to the tray and its was just as moist and succulent.
The spice mix is full of flavour and full of anti-inflammatory goodness thanks mainly to turmeric, ranking one of the top superfoods around. This meal was enjoyed by all of us including our youngest who is 15 months old. Enjoy this with some cooked basmati rice and a fresh mixed salad.
You can replace the almond meal with any meal such as a seed meal like sunflower seeds and pepitas. I add the meal really just to add a bit of crunch and texture to the final dish but you can easily skip this part.
My husband loves to make these when he has a rare night to himself and eats them watching the sports on TV. Poor guy it really doesn’t happen as often as he’d like!
- 12 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond meal optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grab a large roasting tray and melt the coconut oil on the tray in the oven.
- After a few minutes, once the oil is melted and hot, take the tray out of the oven and add all your spices and salt and give it a good mix. The smell will be amazing.
- Once you have a nice sauce, add the wings and with your hands coat them in all the spices evenly and pop back in the oven.
- Cook for about 30 minutes and serve straight away.
- (As an option sprinkle over some almond meal over the chicken halfway during the cooking time for a little extra crunch and texture).
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.