We use this mince recipe in a number of different ways depending on what we fancy. At BBQ’s they make amazing burger patties for adults and mini burgers for toddlers and kids. Everyone loves them. However reshape them and turn them into koftas or kebabs, turn them into meatballs or use as a filling to make sausage rolls (on those cheat days…yes of course I have them)!
I think the mix of mince meat and sausage gives these burgers their amazing flavour, as well as the extra herbs and vegetables. I get organic beef sausages and now it’s easier to try and get preservative free sausages too. So hunt around at your local farmers market, butchers and your main supermarket.
Generally I’ll make a batch and use half for dinner and then freeze the uncooked mince in glass jars or containers for a quick mid week dinner another time. Batch cooking like this seriously saves time and stress in the kitchen.
- Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 large beef sausages*
- 1 garlic
- 1 celery
- 1 carrot
- Small handful of kale
- Handful of fresh parsley or teaspoon of dried herbs of choice (parsley, oregano or mixed herbs)
- Seasoning (optional)
- For best results blitz all the vegetables and herbs in a food processor until you have a fine consistency. Alternatively they can be grated.
- Remove the casing of the sausages and pop the sausage meat in a large bowl along with the beef mince and the blitzed vegetables , herbs and seasoning and give it a good mix.
- Using your hands form into burger patties and cook them in a frying pan with some oil until browned on both sides and cooked through. You can also BBQ these or grill in the oven
- If you don't have sausages, just make this recipe with 1kg of mince.