Nothing gets more simple or as tasty as this. A serious crowd pleaser with kids and partners! It’s a great dish to have at the end of the week to use up all your leftover vegetables that need eating up. Don’t feel you have to follow the recipe exactly, chose whatever vegetables take your fancy and the best quality sausages money can buy. Mix it up with different spices and herbs too. I have kept this simple as a great base for you to experiment with.
I always make a big batch of this on the weekend so we can enjoy the leftovers in the morning with eggs or if I want to go to a little extra effort a frittata.
Time saving tip:
Aside from the onions I leave the skin on all the vegetables for extra nutrition, a bit of crunch and to save time peeling! This way it takes just minutes to prepare.
- 2 red onions
- 8 - 12 sausages I like beef organic pasture raised GF ones
- 1 sweet potato or pumpkin
- 2 white potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Seasoning to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Roughly chop all the vegetables and pop on a large baking tray or spread over two trays so that all the ingredients are on one layer.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, add the seasoning and herbs and give it a good mix so all the vegetables are nicely coated.;
- Place the sausages and nestle in between the vegetables (not on top) and pop in the oven.
- After 30 minutes take the tray out and turn over the vegetables and cook again for the remaining 30 minutes or until the bake is cooked through and browned.
- Serve on a bed of green leaves and freshly sprinkled parsley.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.