This recipe is incredibly versatile. Use up any vegetables that need eating up and taste good roasted. Ill switch things up all the time depending on what Ive got. I love eating the colours of the rainbow to ensure my family and I are getting a whole range of different nutrients. I save time by not pealing any of the vegetables and if you need to make this in advance just cook the night before and then store in an airtight container in the fridge. When you are ready to use just gently reheat in the oven for about 10 minutes. I bulk up this tray of vegetables with some leftover quinoa and will often serve it with some baked salmon, sausages, fish or at lunch time with a fried egg on. So delicious. So nourishing.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 carrots copped
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 2 capsicums any colour
- 1 eggplant
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bulb of garlic cut in half, skin on
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 - 2 cups of pre-cooked quinoa
- If you don't have leftover quinoa cook the desired amount in a pot using the provided instructions.
- Preheat oven to 245C chop all the vegetables into roughly equal size and pop straight onto a baking tray
- Drizzle over the olive oil, add the dried herbs and seasoning and mix well on the tray using your hands.
- Roast in the oven for about 35 - 40 minutes, stirring once or twice in-between to ensure the vegetables are cooking evenly.
- Once cooked through and vegetables are caramelising around the edges remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Top with the cooked quinoa, combine well with a spoon and serve.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.