This is a real favourite with my son and a super quick gluten, dairy and refined sugar free breakfast that packs a powerful nutritional punch.
You can serve this breakfast warm by cooking over a stove or enjoy cold straight out of the fridge. Feel free to switch up any fruits of choice that are in season. Some of my favourites are grated apples, pears and spices including cinnamon and nutmeg. A sprinkle of fresh mint is perfect in summer.
Quinoa is a complete source of protein and a good source of anti-inflammatory, mono saturated and omega-3 fatty acids, that contains high levels of antioxidants. Simply a wonderful seed to have in your diet on a regular basis.
- 1 cup of pre-cooked quinoa
- 400 ml can of coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons mixed toasted nuts homemade recipe here
- Fruit of choice – blueberries mango, bananas, passionate fruit
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey optional
- Sunflower seeds or flaxeeds to sprinkle on top
- Night before take half a cup of pre-cooked quinoa (per person) into a bowl and add the milk of choice.
- Next morning add the remaining ingredients and enjoy!
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free. Contains nuts.