This is a delicious recipe that really comes from a combination of different versions that I have tried over the last year and this recipe has to be my favourite.
Banana bread is so simple to make and you can be quite flexible with the ingredients. For example if you wish to make this for your kids to take to school, just omit the almond butter and almond meal and if the batter needs a little thickening up add an extra tablespoon or two of coconut flour. For me I love to sometimes treat myself to a simple but sweeter breakfast with freshly toasted slices and herbal tea.
While this bread is packed with all sorts of nutritious goodness, the star of the show is of course the bananas. Here is some great information you should know about nature’s very own fast food:
- They have a high fibre content, which is great for regularity
- They are great for bone health due to the slow down in calcium loss
- They contain prebiotic compounds that feed good bacteria in the gut helping to absorb key nutrients
- They sooth the stomach and help protect it from ulcers. They also help build the stomach lining
- Containing quick release glucose and slow release fructose they make a fabulous energy booster
- Lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke