30 minutes (plus 1 hour to rest)
Approximately 15 cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (slightly softened)
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup & 1 Tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cup & 1 Tsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon bicarb soda
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. The texture should be nice and crumbly.
- Next, roll the dough into a ball, wrap in cling wrap or baking paper and allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the dough in between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to about 1/2 cm thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter (or the open end of a glass) cut out the cookies and place them on the prepared baking tray. As you run out of free dough you'll need to roll it back into a tight ball, place it back between the baking paper and roll it out again.
- Once all the dough has been cut out, place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free, Nut Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.