This is such a versatile recipe and as long as you have the basic ratio of measurements you can switch up the ingredients to suit your fancy. This allergy friendly snack is perfect for kids lunch boxes and mamas on the go. The dark chocolate drizzle is entirely optional and only needed if your heart so desires.
- 2 cups puffed grains (e.g. puffed quinoa, rice or millet)
- 1 cup of dried fruit (e.g. raisins, sultanas, cranberries, dates, figs etc)
- 1/4 cup seed combination (e.g. pepitas and sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of cacao
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- Place millet, dried fruit and seeds into a medium/large bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the brown rice syrup, tahini and coconut oil to a boil, stirring to prevent it catching.
- Simmer about a minute then remove from heat, add vanilla and sea salt and pour over millet mix.
- Transfer the combined muesli mixture into a lined tray pressing down evenly into the tray. I use baking paper over the top when flattening with my hands.
- To lace over with chocolate simply combine the three ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk by hand until smooth and drizzle over the prepared muesli.
- Place in the fridge till set. I keep it in slices in the freezer to make them crunchy and chewy. But they will keep in a container for about a week.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.