These vegan macaroons take you to a healthy trip back to Europe. Similar in flavour to the original, these macaroons are egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. High in calcium thanks to the almonds and sesame seeds and are subtly sweet thanks to the maple syrup. So easy and quick to make these will no doubt be a regular treat in your household. Perfect with a cup of your favourite brew. Enjoy.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a spoonful of mixture and roll into balls. If sticking dampen hands with a little water.
- Place all balls onto the baking tray and with the back of a spoon flatten slightly to about 1 cm in thickness.
- Take an almond and gently place in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes until just browning and crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool before devouring.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free. Contains Tree Nuts.