This is such a quick and easy Christmas lunch or dinner recipe with no mess. Once cooked, you can just wrap up the foil and throw it in the bin. This recipe works well with a whole large salmon fillet which makes a fantastic side dish. Alternatively, you can use smaller individual pieces and serve alongside your Christmas salads or vegetables.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets (or 1 x 700g whole salmon fillet)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- Salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 orange (sliced)
- Start by preheating the oven to 190°C/375°F. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil (you're going to wrap the salmon so allow it to hang over the edges of the tray).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, thyme and a generous amount of salt & cracked pepper.
- Place the salmon on the foil and spoon the orange sauce all over. Fold the foil over the salmon to fully enclose it. Add the slices of orange to another tray or surrounding the foil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 17-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a large serving plate and garnish with orange slices and extra fresh thyme.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free