Recipes adapted and inspired from Sarah Wong for Thermomix
Wow friends and fool your kids with this insanely delicious chocolate cake that is wonderfully moist and seriously indulgent. High in protein, essential fats that enhance metabolism and antioxidants means you can have your cake and eat it…guilt free! The creamy dairy-free icing is decadently indulgent and so easy to make, with just three everyday ingredients. It will be hard to resist eating the icing by the spoonful, but you must to fill the top of the cake! This recipe can also be made into cupcakes but bake for just 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes. This cake was a huge hit at my son’s third birthday with both the children and the parents.
Magic Chocolate Cake & Icing
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 g raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 140 g rapadura or coconut sugar
- 200g dark chocolate chunks (I use 70% cacao) reserve a inch cube for grating chocolate over the top of cake.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 185C and grease or line a ring tin pan.
- In a food processor or cake mixer beat the oil and sugar for about 30 second until smooth.
- Add the eggs, drained kidney beans and vanilla and beat again until smooth.
- Add the final dry ingredients including the cacao powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and blend until everything is well combined.
- Pour batter into the ring tin pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once cake is cooled completely add the chocolate icing.
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place frosting in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from refrigerator and whip frosting with a hand blender until thick and fluffy.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Contains eggs.
Leave a Comment