This ‘Life-Changing’ loaf uses whole grains, nuts, and seeds. It’s high in protein and incredibly high in fiber. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, wheat-free and vegan. Everything gets soaked for optimal nutrition and digestion. This bread is good for you and has made its mark worldwide being served at top restaurants and health food cafes. If you two haven’t met, it’s definitely time – introducing Sarah Britton’s The Life Changing Loaf of Bread, from My New Roots.
- 1 cup / 135g sunflower seeds
- ½ cup / 90g flaxseeds/linseeds meal
- 1 ½ cups / 145g quinoa flakes
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 ½ cups / 350ml water
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- In a measuring jar combine the wet ingredients including the maple syrup, water and oil and then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Make sure everything gets soaked and the dough is thick.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Allow to rest on the kitchen counter for 2 hours, all day or even overnight
- Place loaf pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and place it upside down to brown the other side onto a rack and back for a further 30 – 40 minutes. To check the bread is done give it a gentle tap and it should sound hollow.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Store bread in a sealed container for up to 5 days or store in the freezer and toast slices as and when desired.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.