This is a really simple lunch, but it hits the spot every time. I make this usually when we’ve had the roasted vegetable quinoa salad with salmon earlier in the week for dinner. That way this dish is so fast to make as the main component of the meal is already made and just needs heating up. All you then have to do is make your eggs to your preference, poached, fried or boiled, place over the top of the salad and finally sprinkle with some fresh parsley.
Reheating the vegetables is easy, just add the desired quantity into a pan and gently heat up. I find I don’t need to add any extra oil as they already have a coating from their original cook. Once they are ready I place on a plate and then fry my eggs in the same pan. Here is the recipe however if you are making from scratch. Note you can use whichever vegetables you have in the house but this is one of my favourite combinations.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 eggplant chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 capsicum/red pepper chopped
- Coconut or olive oil for roasting
- Pinch of dry mixed herbs
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1-2 eggs per person
- Preheat the oven to 200C and cook your quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- Chop all the vegetables into similar sizes and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle the vegetables with oil, add the seasoning and mixed herbs and combine evenly with your hands.
- Place in the oven and turn a couple of times for approximately 45 minutes. You want the edges of the vegetables to get golden and a little crispy.
- In the meantime your quinoa will have cooked through so take off the heat and allow to cool.
- Once everything is cooked grab a serving dish, add your quinoa and fluff up using a fork and combine well with the roasted vegetables.
- Cook your eggs to your liking and place over the top of the salad and sprinkle with some finely chopped fresh parsley.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.