For some kids, drinking something green can be a tough sell. The key is to make it delicious and gradually build up the green element. So always taste it before you serve and make sure you have a serving too! Leading by example.
Also make it a game – for me a few fun names – Superpower Elixir and The Incredible Hulk Smoothie did the trick. I just needed them to try it because I knew after that it would be an easier sell. I love giving the kids some green leaves in the morning. They are nature’s superfood and it’s certainly easier at the moment than trying to get them to eat it in a salad.
Kids Green Smoothie
Dairy Free | Egg Free | Gluten free | Soy Free | Tree Nut Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Wheat Free
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 Banana
- ½ Pineapple
- 2 Green apples or kiwis
- ½-1 pack fresh baby spinach bok choy, kale etc
Optional healthy extras or swaps
- Cucumber, broccoli, celery, mint, sprouts, avocado, superfood green powder blends.
- Pop all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on highest setting until very smooth (approx 1 – 2 minutes).
- Add more liquid if necessary. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment