The perfect healthy and light alternative to the traditionally creamy and heavy potato salad. No mayonnaise, no egg just mustardy, herby deliciousness. The perfect salad to take to a Summer BBQ or a Christmas day party. No dairy and egg mean there’s no risk of leaving it out for the day and digging into the leftovers at night.
Herb Potato Salad
- 1 kg baby potatoes (quartered/halved if very small)
- 200g green beans (trimmed and cut in half)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- 1/3 cup basil (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup dill (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoon chives (finely chopped)
- Place the chopped potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a knife. Add the beans for about 3 minutes before removing the potatoes. Drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt & cracked pepper.
- Once the potatoes and beans have completely cooled, pour the dressing and fresh herbs all over. Gently toss to combine.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Allergy information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.
Leave a Comment