These super delicious ghosts are a brilliant, quick and easy healthy treat combining delicious flavours of banana and chocolate. They are so quick to make we recommend you prepare them just before serving and decorate with vegan chocolate like Honest to Goodness.
Bananas are a good source of micronutrients including potassium, vitamin c, magnesium, vitamin B6, and dietary fibre. One medium-sized banana (150g) contains approximately 3.1g of dietary fibre. Did you know that green bananas also contain resistant starch? Resistant starch passes through the small bowel undigested into the large bowel, where it feeds beneficial gut bacteria. Resistant starch is also found in cooked and cooled potato and cooked and cooled rice.
- Cut firm bananas in half then lie them down on a flat surface.
- Carefully press three small chocolate buttons into each banana to create the ghost's eyes and mouth. Arrange your ghosts standing up on a plate.
- Choose firm banana for this recipe
- Peel and cut bananas close to serving time to prevent unnecessary browning.
- If there are any leftovers, don't throw them away, store the bananas in the freezer and enjoy in smoothies the following morning.