Homemade jellies made from grass fed gelatin are a wonderful replacement for those additive and refined sugar filled jellies we see everywhere – which are truly toxic and should be avoided at all costs.
This recipe is so easy and quick to make and you can be as creative as you like with your flavours and presentations. This recipe gives you the ratio of measurements so just follow this as a guide and mix up your own exciting flavours.
To briefly explain, gelatin is the cooked form of collagen, which is found in animal bones and connective tissue. It contains lots of amino acids, which has so many health benefits (similar to bone broth).
Being rich in glycine, gelatin helps repair the gut lining by strengthening and protecting the mucous membrane layer of the stomach and is a key ingredient in helping to restore a leaky gut.
This has so many health benefits…priming the immune system, improving digestion and mood and reducing inflammation in the body. When that happens we see less symptoms of eczema, food intolerances, allergies and so much more!
Using powdered gelatin like this ensures your kids can enjoy the benefits of gelatin regularly from a young age thanks to the amazing treats it can make including jellies and marshmallows.
20 small jellies
- 1 tbsp grass fed gelatin (I use Thankfully Nourished or Great Lakes)
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 250 ml fruit liquid of choice (e.g. orange juice. In this recipe I used a 250g of frozen strawberries, 2 tbsp o coconut cream and 4 tbsp of maple syrup)
- 2-4 tbsp Natural sweetener (such as honey or maple syrup for extra sweetness)
- Mix gelatin and cold water in small bowl and allow to sit until it becomes soft like apple sauce.
- Gently heat 250ml liquid of choice (such as apple juice, mango and orange etc) on the stove until warm.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into a glass bowl with (optional) additional fruit or into jelly moulds.
- Refrigerate until set (about 2 hours) before turning out and serving.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.