Dips are a great way to boost your children’s veggie intake. Paired with our Rainbow Chips recipe, this dip is a fun way to encourage children to eat veggies without complaints!
This is a great, fun, and savoury addition to a Halloween spread and a dip most kids will enjoy. This dip is so simple to make even your youngest children could help prepare this, scooping and mashing avocado flesh. This mushy green eyeball dip will delight all the kiddies.
The coconut yoghurt is purely optional in this recipe. I only add it when I have some homemade probiotic-rich cultured yoghurt in my fridge and I only add a small amount (like a teaspoon to a tablespoon). You can add store-bought yoghurt too, just look for a healthier option with the least amount of additives, flavours, and hidden sugars.
Green Monster Dip
- 1 large ripe avocado or 3 small avocados
- ½ lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt (optional)
- 3 small blueberries
- 3 green grapes
- 3 red grapes
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with lime juice and salt.
- Add the coconut yoghurt and stir to combine.
- Place into your serving bowl of choice.
- Cut grapes in half and slice blueberries in half.
- Place half a cut blueberry on the top of each grape then carefully arrange the grape eyes into the guacamole.
- Prepare this recipe close to serving time to prevent unnecessary browning.
- I used a fork to mash the avocado, if you want a finer mash you could blend for 1-2 minutes in a food processor.
Leave a Comment