Here is the amazing recipe from Jo Whitton for non-thermomix owners. If you love chocolate brownies, you will love these. This is a perfect example of why you don’t have to feel deprived when you eat a healthy diet. These gooey flourless fudge brownies are made with whole natural healthy foods with some of the ingredients considered super foods!
Just to prove you can eat these guilt-free check out the goodness in them:
- Dark chocolate is a powerful antioxidant
- Dates are a good source of fibre, protein and minerals that support digestion, balance blood sugar, are immunity-boosting and help maintain regular heartbeat. Although high in sugar, dates defy the dogma that all sugars are bad.
- Eggs are an excellent source of quality protein and necessary for healthy bones and teeth thanks to their vitamin D levels.
- Coconut flour and oil fight bacteria, viruses and fungi, enhances metabolism, provides energy for the brain and increases healthy (HDL) cholesterol
However the real beauty of these is that, although they are not bitter thanks to the sweetness of the dates, this is still unlikely to be a hit with the kids. You’ve guessed it, there’s a good chance you can eat these out in the open (OMG!) in the presence of kids (WHAT?!) and not hide in the cupboard (YIPEE!)
- 200 g dark dairy free chocolate (70% is ideal or above)
- 130 g raw Medjool dates pitted
- 180 g / just shy of 1 cup organic cold-pressed coconut oil melted
- 30 g / ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a 22cm sq baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) into a heatproof bowl that fits snugly over a pot of simmering water and stir occasionally until chocolate is melted and smooth then remove from heat.
- In a food processor place the dates to the bowl and chop.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including the chocolate into the processor and mix well.
- Scrape mixture into a lined, square baking dish. Bake in the oven for 18-20 mins and be careful not to overcook or they won’t be gooey! Just until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into small squares, and refrigerate until cold.