While it was obvious my husband and I would enjoy these as a fast midweek breakfast, I couldn’t believe my son likes them just as much. The secret ingredient is the onion powder as biting into onion is still off putting for him. There is a ton of flavour in these omelettes and they are packed with fabulous greens, healthy fats and proteins to give yourself and your family a great start to the day. Add some avocado on the side and if you have the luxury of time enjoy with bacon!
They are so quick to make and cleanin
- 2 eggs
- Handful of green leaves (kale, spinach or silver beet)
- 1 teaspoon chives chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Seasoning to taste
- Pinch of Dulse flakes (optional)
- Tablespoon of ghee, olive oil or coconut oil
- Drop a tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan and heat up your pan.
- Roughly chop or cut up the greens, chives and parsley with a pair of scissors and add to a small bowl. Add the pinch of pulse flakes if using.
- Crack open the two eggs into the same bowl and add the onion powder and seasoning and give it a good mix with a fork.
- Pour into your frying pan and flip after a couple of minutes and seal on the other side until the omelette is cooked through.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Contains Eggs.