Turn your average weekend fry up into a delicious, healthy, supercharged breakfast. I promise you, bacon and eggs never tasted so good!
Become an irresistible Goddess in the kitchen and use up any leftover ratatouille in the fridge or make fresh in the morning, and simply poach your eggs in them.
I add kidney beans to my ratatouille for extra nutritional punch and fresh tomatoes, vegetables and herbs. Serve with bacon and avocado for a heavenly mix on the side.
Why are kidney beans so great? Firstly they are wonderful for digestion and promote regularity. They are also high in blood-building iron, help maintain healthy bones and teeth and have vitamin K – which protects the nervous system from free-radical damage. Some studies suggest they have an anti-cancer affect too!
Sometimes Ill even make the ratatouille the night before in excitement for the morning ahead, its that good, and yes I can be quite sad sometimes!
- 1 420 g can of kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- ½ eggplant chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Seasoning to taste
- olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Fresh herbs to sprinkle on top parsley or basil
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan.
- Add the onions, pepper and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini and cook for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
- Stir through the mixed herbs, cumin and seasoning and allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and stir well.
- Create four indentations in the mixture and crack an egg in each.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for another 7 – 10 minutes to cook the eggs to your liking.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Contains Eggs.
Leave a Comment