Roll Ups are such a great way to make lunchboxes look fancy and Pinterest-worthy! And you only need a few minutes.
In this recipe, I’ve used a firm favourite filling of tuna and mayonnaise or avocado but anything goes. Use leftovers or any bits and pieces you have in the fridge. There are so many ways to cater for allergens too and these varieties will help with inspiration.
- Tuna and mayo (see below recipe)
- Tuna and avo
- Hummus and shredded veg
- Smoked salmon and avocado
- Pesto and ham
- Leftover shredded chicken and mayo or avocado
- You don’t want the filling to be wet, so go easy on the mayo if using
- Can’t have mayo? Then replace with avocado or hummus
8 mini rolls
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 95g tinned tuna in spring water
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (or mashed avocado)
- Prepare the ribbon using a vegetable peeler and shave off large ribbons lengthways from top to bottom. Or slice very thinly with a sharp knife.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna and mayo. Start with one tablespoon of mayonnaise and if needed add more so it is spreadable but is not too sloppy.
- Spread over each cucumber ribbon and roll it up into a little pinwheel. If necessary, secure with a toothpick.
- Can't have eggs? Replace mayo for any filling with mashed avocado, pesto or hummus.
- Storage: These don't last long, especially if using avocado. At best, these will store overnight in the fridge so you can make enough for two days of lunchboxes.