This cheesecake has the ‘wow’ factor and takes just three simple steps. For each layer all you have to do is blitz the ingredients into a food processor until smooth and pop in the…freezer! Despite being dairy free many traditional cheesecake lovers prefer this to the real thing.
Packed with loads of nutrients and healthy fats, this dessert will keep you full for longer without the sugar crash. Raw desserts like this prove you can have your cake and eat it…gluten, dairy, sugar and guilt free.
- Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Sesame Free, Grain Free.
- Contains nuts
- 1 1/2 cups macademia nuts (can use walnuts or almonds or a combination)
- 6 dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted) If needed to help blend the ingredients
- Freshly sliced strawberry on top (optional)
- Take your cake tin and sprinkle over the two tablespoons of desiccated coconut. The coconut will prevent the crust from sticking to the tin.
- To make the base, pop the nuts, dates, vanilla extract and salt into a food processor and blend until well combined. Then press with your hands the base mixture into the cake tin on top of the desiccated coconut to form an even layer. Pop the tin into the freezer.
- For the cream cheese filling, pop all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until a beautiful smooth pouring consistency is made. You may need to add a little water to create this, but unlikely. Pour this into the tin on top of the base and pop back in the freezer. Leave for about an hour before adding the topping.
- For the strawberry topping pop the frozen berries and dates and blend on high speed. Add coconut oil to create a pouring consistency a little at a time if needed. Taste for sweetness. If the liquid has diluted the sweetness you can add a little maple syrup. Pour this final layer of the cream cheese filling and place back in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. To serve allow to defrost at room temperature for about 30 minutes. In the meantime feel free to slice up some fresh berries to top the cake.