If you want a quick and easy, zero fuss salad that you can do on the fly, then this one’s for you. All the ingredients go straight into your serving dish (including the dressing). There’s no zesting, grating or finely mincing! So not only is this quick, there’s barely any washing up to do afterwards. Tick!
You also don’t need to be precious about the ingredients. Use what you have and I can already say olives works really well with this too. We enjoy this salad with some roast lamb or a BBQ on the weekends but really, it would pretty much go with anything and thanks to the chickpeas it’s pretty filling.
As for the humble chickpea…here’s what you need to know.
Chickpeas (if tolerated) are great for bone health, thanks to it’s calcium, manganese, phosphorus and magnesium content, along with fibre. It’s really important to prepare chickpeas properly to get its full benefit. By soaking and cooking chickpeas they are far easier to digest and the nutrients more easily absorbed by the body. If using tinned chickpeas, try and find organic ones in BPA free tins and rinse and drain them well.
Easy Chickpea Salad
- 1 tin chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber diced
- ½ head of lettuce chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients into your serving dish and toss gently to combine and spread the dressing.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge to enjoy later. Stays fresh in the fridge covered for up to 3 days.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.
Leave a Comment