Being dairy free doesn’t mean being deprived. In fact this recipe is so convenient on a number of levels. Its so easy to make, it has just three core ingredients and takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare. In fact it’s quicker and less stressful than going to the shops to buy Easter Eggs…oh and cheaper too!
This year I’m just making a batch of these and popping them in little baskets and glass jars wrapped in ribbon and handing them to my dear friends. You think? No way! I’m making them and then I’m going to eat them all…myself. After all they’re really good for you and so tasty.
So here’s why these little Easter treats will compliment your well being and why you can eat them guilt-free. And yes maybe I’ll share them…
Did you know that cacao powder (especially the raw organic type):
- Has 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- Has the highest plant based source of iron
- Is full of magnesium to support a healthy heart and brain
- More calcium than cows milk per gram
- A natural mood elevator and anti-depressant
I should add you won’t be put off by the coconut taste as its surprisingly so subtle. I’m not a fan of coconut in desserts and you really don’t feel it here. Also these chocolates don’t melt straight away in your hands. They actually hold their shape so give them a go this Easter or any occasion.
So let the chocolate factory begin!
30 mini chocolates
- 4 cups desiccated coconut or 1 cup coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw cocao powder
- Pinch of salt optional but tasty
- Teaspoon vanilla extract
- If you’re using desiccated coconut, pop it in your high-speed food processor and blend on high until it resembles melted white chocolate. If you're using coconut butter blend as well to loosen it up a bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the processor with the coconut and blend until it’s all combined and resembles milk chocolate.
- Spoon teaspoons of the chocolatey mixture into silicon moulds and use your fingers to gently press down and smooth over the tops.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian.