Made in minutes, this nutritious, creamy, velvety smooth chocolate mousse tastes heavenly. Packed with amazing nutrients so you can enjoy this decadent treat guilt free, and you’ll love watching your children devour it. This chocolate avocado mousse is a perfect pick me up when a sweet craving strikes. It makes a great dessert for dinner parties or enjoyed as a healthy snack with the kids.
Each spoonful contains powerful nutrients for optimum health. Avocados easily digests and it contains over 25 essential nutrients. Iron, magnesium, and essential fatty acids are just some of its nutrients that helps the body to function well. Raw organic cacao is rich in antioxidants, iron, magnesium, calcium and mood-boosting transmitters. We also enjoy health benefits including zinc, which is great for the immune system, when we use natural sweeteners like maple syrup.
To find out more about the difference between raw cacao check out this helpful link from Food Matters.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut cream chilled so that it's firm
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsps organic maple syrup, honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Pop all the ingredients into a food processor and blend on high until you get a creamy smooth consistency. Check for sweetness and add more sweetener if preferred.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool in the fridge for an hour.
- Optional extras - fruit, dark chocolate shavings, nuts, seeds or mint or orange natural flavourings.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Peanut Free, Nut Free, Corn Free, Grain Free. Vegetarian, vegan and paleo.