Wild salmon is one of life’s super foods, rich in omega 3’s and one of the best sources of essential fatty acids. Note the word ‘essential’! Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, wild salmon reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke and cancer. They protect the eyes and joints and feed the brain, helping to prevent dementia and loss of other mental functions. This pate is a budget friendly and a convenient way to enjoy the benefits of wild salmon without breaking the bank. The addition of beans creates a creamy texture and the herbs elevate the flavour. Enjoy with crackers, nut bread or vegetable sticks.
- 1 tin (415g) wild salmon on the bone
- ½ can of cannellini or butter beans (drained and rinsed)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small red onion
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained)
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Pinch of salt (optional) and pepper
- Remove any bones and excess liquid from the salmon.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Place pate in ramekins or in a glass container before popping into the fridge ready for serving. Stays fresh for up to 1 week.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.