Making your own cultured yoghurt is actually easier than going to a store and buying it. All you need are two ingredients, a bowl and a wooden spoon!
Where do you get your yoghurt culture starter from?
I highly recommend the culture starter packs from Kultured Wellness. The probiotic strains have been very carefully combined to support optimum gut and immune health.
These are perfect for children and adults with digestive issues and allergic conditions. Also good for food allergies, intolerances, eczema, asthma, hayfever, as well as mood support and overall health and well being.
Kultured Wellness is my healthier partner and because of that, you get a 10% discount on any of your purchases. To redeem, all you have to do is type AFC10 in the promo box at check out.
Here’s the link to access: DAIRY FREE YOGHURT CULTURE STARTER PACK
Why are probiotic rich dairy free yoghurts the best thing for your family’s health?
Sadly, with the conveniences of modern-day living, the Standard Australian/American Diet (SAD) has an overload of chemical exposure and pharmaceutical drugs (like antibiotics). Humans have lost about a 1/3 of their bacteria diversity, massively compromising our health and well being.
By adding cultures (basically live good bacteria) from yoghurts we start to replenish our gut microbiome with good bacteria and restore balance in the gut. This leads to improved digestive function, a stronger immune system, whilst reducing the severity of health complaints.
Aside from improving gut flora, cultured coconut yoghurt (made from home) provides fibre, protein as well as numerous minerals and vitamins. An average serving contains about 30% of the daily allowance of calcium and magnesium. Calcium is essential to bone health while magnesium is essential for muscle health. Perfect for those on a dairy-free diet.
Also when you make yoghurt like this from home, you’re avoiding nasty preservatives which actually kill the probiotics (good bacteria) you want to consume! Plus you’re also avoiding a load of refined sugars and artificial colours.
I could go on and on about the health benefits of cultured yoghurts and how easy they are to make but nothing is as convincing as this live demo I did during my free Gut Health training. You can check it out here: Cultured Yoghurt Demo
- 4 400ml cans coconut cream (I highly recommend the Ayam brand)
- 1 250ml Yoghurt Culture Starter (I recommend Kultured Wellness)
- Fruit, jam, berry compote, honey, granola
- Mix together gently the culture starter and coconut cream in a large bowl with a wooden spoon. Alternatively use a food processor and blend on medium speed for 5 seconds until combined.
- Pour into a large glass jar and firmly secure the lid
- Leave on the bench top for 12-24 hours (and away from sunlight). During this time the probiotics will feed on the sugars of the coconut cream creating a thick creamy yoghurt.
- When ready (and tasting sour) pop yoghurt into the fridge to store.
- Remember to keep aside a cup of prepared yoghurt to make your next batch at a later time. You can do this up to 5 times creating 10 litres of yoghurt in total with your culture starter purchase.
- Remember to give your yoghurt a good mix before serving so it's nice and smooth.
Allergy information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Corn Free, Tree Nut Free, Peanut Free. Free from preservatives, colours and refined sugars.
Receive 10% every time you shop with Kultured Wellness. Use discount code AFC10 at check out to claim the discount on all their products and services.