These light and fluffy muffins are perfect for school lunch boxes as they are nut-free. They’re also incredibly nutritious made with natural wholefoods. You wouldn’t even notice they don’t contain any flour, dairy, grains or sugar. Also perfect for anyone following a paleo lifestyle. These stay fresh in the fridge for 3 days and also freeze well.
9 regular size muffins
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 - 3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of frozen organic blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease/line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a blender add the bananas, oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla and chia seeds until a smooth consistency. It’s also fine to do this by hand.
- If using a blender add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Otherwise place the dry ingredients into a bowl, mix and add the wet ingredients and mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the blueberries at the end.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Decorate with a sliced banana and a sprinkling of chia seeds.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean (unless it hits a blueberry)!
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Allergy Information: Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Contains eggs.