A roasted turkey breast is a great addition to your Christmas table. It suits smaller families who don’t want to bother with a whole turkey or if you prefer just a taste of some white meat along with other mains. This is really simple to do and despite not using any butter under the skin, this dairy-free option is still beautifully tender.
- 1 kg Turkey Breast
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F and place the turkey breast skin side up in a roasting dish.
- Mix oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Place the turkey breast in the roasting pan, and pour the oil mix over the turkey breast and rub it in to disperse the flavour evenly.
- Using tin foil, place a tent foil cover loosely over the breast and roast for 1 hour. Baste the turkey every 30 minutes with the oil and juice mix and continue to roast until juices run clear - approx 2 hours.
- Let turkey breast rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving on a platter for guests to serve themselves. Feel free to make a gravy with the pan juices if you desire.