If you’re in need for a quick dinner that takes just minutes, look no further than this simple grilled chicken. Its perfect in a salad, with roasted vegetables, jacket potato or leftover rice. Better still I’ll save sliced up cold chicken in the fridge and add them to my boys school lunchboxes. So I always make more than I need.
For a quick and tasty salad, add sliced grilled chicken on top of shredded leaves, plenty of avocado, finely sliced red onion, sliced celery, fresh coriander, juice of a lime and a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.
So quick, so simple but seriously delicious and no need to make a dressing. Such a winner.
4 as part of a meal
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- Small drizzle of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Optional: 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate the chicken ideally 1 hour before and up to the night before.
- Simply pop the chicken in a glass container with the rest of the ingredients and rub through so the flavours are evenly dispersed. Pop the lid on and into the fridge.
- When ready to use bring out the chicken and turn on the stove to medium/high.
- Using a large frying pan add about a tablespoon or two of olive oil. Once warmed through add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Turn to cook the other side for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once ready, pop the cooked chicken on a board and allow to rest for a few minutes. Then slice through and add to any meal such as pasta, cooked veggies or salads. Leftovers are great in lunchboxes.
Allergy information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.