Recipe by Georgia Carr for Thermomix.
This is another favourite regular salad that I enjoy just as much as the Beetroot & Apple Salad and Broccoli Salad, all incredibly fast to make and above all nutritious. While they are originally all thermomix recipes you can use a regular food processor to make these. If you do have a thermomix you can find the recipe here: http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/main-dishes-vegetarian-recipes/red-cabbage-pear-and-coriander-salad/17269
This salad is a wonderful way to increase your daily intake of fresh fruit and vegetables thanks to its convenience. I absolutely love how fast this recipe is to make which makes it a hit for quick lunches.
For a super nutritious and healing lunch I combine a couple of these salads on a bed of green leaves, add some avocado and fermented vegetables and sprinkle with some nuts.
For extra protein Ill make the famous yet easy ‘Life saving loaf of bread’, which is full of nuts and seeds as well as a boiled egg. Such a heavenly mix that’s also filling and satisfying! Store these salads in a glass container and take with you to the office for a delicious power lunch. Keeps fresh for 3 days in the fridge.
- ½ head of red cabbage cut into large pieces
- 1 large firm pear cored and quartered
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and chop for a few seconds until desired consistency is achieved.
- Remember to keep the skins on for an extra nutritional boost.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free.