I get so much praise when I bring out this salad for a social BBQ or dinner. What my guests don’t realize is just how easy it is to prepare this dish. Enjoy this as a meal in itself for lunch or as a side dish.
Use great quality sundried tomatoes, olives and balsamic vinegar and you will be rewarded tenfold.
If you plan to have leftovers for the next day keep some salad aside without the dressing. Leave some of the dressing in the jar to use for next time. This is a great salad to take with you on the go.
Bean Salad with Olives and Tomatoes
Dairy Free | Egg Free | Gluten free | Soy Free | Tree Nut Free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Wheat Free
- 2 x 400g cans of cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 2/3 cup drained semi dried tomatoes (or 100g)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (or 75g)
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado sliced or cubed
- 1 bag of fresh salad leaves (or 150g)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 60ml
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Prepare the salad by combining the beans, onion, sundried and fresh tomatoes and olives in a medium bowl.
- Make the salad dressing by combining the ingredients in a screw jar and giving it a good shake.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently combine.
- Grab a serving dish and place your greens in. Add the dressed salad over the greens and finally top with avocado.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Vegetarian, Vegan.
Leave a Comment