I find bacon and leek are a match made in heaven and so it’s a given these mini quiches go down a treat. I made these for my son’s birthday party recently and they were a huge success with both the kids and the parents.
These mini quiches are everything they’re cracked up to be. Dairy free and gluten free, they taste great fresh out of the oven but even better straight from the fridge. Perfect to have on hand for a quick healthy protein snack or top on a nutritious green salad for lunch.
48 mini fritters
- 6 – 8 rashes of bacon, trimmed and chopped (ideally free range pork, nitrate free)
- 2 leeks, trimmed, halved lengthways and finely sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley finely chopped (or chives)
- 1 tablespoon of dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Optional: 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (full of B vitamins and helps replace parmesan flavour)
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320F and grease muffin tins. For kid’s parties I use the muffin tray that has 24 small muffin holes. Otherwise use normal size muffin trays for a smaller quantity.
- In a frying pan heat up the oil and sauté the bacon and leeks until cooked through for a few minutes and then set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, mustard, parsley, mixed herbs and seasoning. Add the cooled leek and bacon mixture to the rest of the ingredients and combine well.
- Spoon into muffin holes and place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free. Contains eggs.