This is a GENIUS Easter biscuits recipe!
So easy, so forgiving, so quick and tastes delicious.
Nobody has to miss out on these moorish delights. They are gluten, dairy, egg, peanut, nut, sesame, additive and refined sugar free. They’re healthy too with the goodness of natural sweeteners and the immune boosting and anti-inflammatory properties of coconut oil.
Chocolate drizzle is purely optional as a fun addition for the Easter festivities. However, you really don’t need to bother and they are amazing without it! Though these are called Easter Biscuits, you can still enjoy these for school lunchboxes, birthday parties, Christmas or a quick afternoon treat.
16 medium-sized biscuits
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (slightly softened)
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup & 1 tbsp arrowroot / tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup & 1 tsp coconut flour
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsps cacao
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 3 tbsps melted coconut oil
- Pop all the ingredients into a food processor and process on medium until combined and crumbly. You can use a bowl and wooden spoon too and mix by hand.
- Pull the dough together with your hands and shape into a large ball. Wrap baking paper around it and let it rest at room temperature to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the doll out between two sheets of parchment paper to about 5mm in height.
- Using a cookie cutter (or simply cut into squares or diamonds) cut out shapes and transfer to the lined baking tray. Complete until you have used up all the dough.
- Pop in the oven for about 8 – 10 minutes depending on the size of the biscuits.
- As soon as they are golden brown and cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. As they cool the biscuits will firm up and ready to eat.
- Or for extra fun whip up the chocolate drizzle ingredients together in a small bowl and splash over the biscuits and allow to set before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days (if they last that long).