I first discovered Celery Juice last year when I spent my evenings researching Google to find yet another alternative to manage and heal my husband’s eczema and psoriasis. Feeling so deflated and at a total loss I suddenly got really excited and hopeful.
My research brought me to Medical Medium and his Instagram page where I saw so many incredible and inspiring healing stories of people all over the world drinking celery juice daily and reversing their chronic health conditions. Reversing conditions like my husbands, but also autoimmune disease, anxiety, depression, children’s behavioural disorders, fatigue and even cancer.
Unbelievable, but I was ready to give it a shot.
And my husband Todd had very little to say about the matter.
I bought a juicer and the Medical Medium’s Liver Rescue book which on the cover says ‘Answers to eczema, psoriasis…’ So that was a no brainer.
And then this happened…
Incredibly just three months later, after drinking celery juice every single day, my husband became one of those inspiring success stories featured on Medical Medium’s Instagram page.
Almost 150,000 people watched his story and he continues to inspire others with his healing journey every day.
I have to tell you that video was the LAST thing I was expecting that night on Google. That in such a short space of time Todd would heal and Anthony William from the Medical Medium would share our story.
SO HOW DOES CELERY JUICE HELP?
Research shows that there are proven health benefits of drinking celery juice on an empty stomach.
- Celery has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, as shown by this study, due to the phytosterol and unidentified polar substances.
- These anti-inflammatory properties can help with eczema, psoriasis, acid reflux, IBS, anxiety, depression, fatigue, and other inflammatory issues in the body.
- Celery juice is very high in vitamin K which promotes general bone and heart health.
- Because of celery’s diuretic properties (high water content) and the fact that it has magnesium, phthalides, and potassium, celery may actually help those with high blood pressure.
- It’s high in vitamin C, which is critical for your immune system.
- Celery contains bioactive flavonoids that help to fight and prevent cancer cells.
To learn more you can hear from the man himself ‘Anthony William’:
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE CELERY JUICE
• 1 bunch celery
• 1 bunch celery
• 1 cup water or more if needed
What to do
• Chop and rinse the celery well and run it through a juicer.
• Rinse and chop the celery and add to your blender with the water. Begin to blend. If it’s not blending, add a little more water.
• Strain the celery pulp out using a wire mesh strainer, cheese cloth, or a nut bag.
• Discard the pulp and drink the juice.
– Drink the juice immediately on an empty stomach for best results, first think in the morning.
– Drink at least 16oz of celery juice so you may have to juice more than one celery (or not).
– Removing the fibre using a juicer or strainer allows you to get the potent amount of nutrients in one go accelerating its healing benefits.
– Celery juice doesn’t replace breakfast. Wait 15 – 30 minutes before having your usual breakfast. The boys and I always follow up with a fruit and veggie smoothie.
Click HERE to learn more about how to make celery juice and some important tips.
TYPES OF JUICER:
I bought a Hurom juicer as I knew we would be juicing every day. It retains the most amount of nutrients, can stay on my bench top and is easy to clean.
However, there are much more affordable options like the Breville juicer which is cheaper than many other juicers and has good reviews. It’s pretty easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
So are you going to give celery juice a go? Have you started? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.